Its summer in Thailand, and Longan are in season right now. The fruit have brown skin with clear flesh inside, the flavor are super sweet with a slight tartness. The weather is super-hot here at the moment, I just felt like something fruity and sweet.
I love having a hint of honey flavor in my milk, so for this recipe I have added 2 teaspoons of honey to 1 cup of milk, adjust these quantity to your own taste.
Longan about 20
4 colours, your own choice
Agar Agar 0.5g
Fresh milk and/or evaporate milk
Honey and/or syrup and/or maple syrup
- Place a bowl in the fridge
- Place longan on a plate with the mouth upwards
- In a saucepan place water, sugar, agar agar and 1-2 drops of colour, let boil for 3 – 5 minutes, until its tick in consistency
- Use a small spoon to drop the jelly in the longan until it’s full. Only do 1 colour at a time, the agar agar active quite fast. Once all the colour have been place in the longan, chill the plate in the fridge.
- In a saucepan place tapioca and water (nearly full). When tapioca are cook rinse with clean water until it’s not sticky
- In a jug place milk and honey then stir until honey is dissolve, chill in fridge.
- Before serving making sure everything is cold. Place tapioca longan and milk in the chilled bowl.