Summer has arrived in Thailand. I’m just melting away, its super-hot and humid during the day. So I have decided to make Watermelon Ice Cream and Granite, only few ingredients is needed.
The watermelon is in season at the moment, so its super cheap. I bought half for 50 baht, the weight is around 3 kg. The color is super red and the juice is super sweet, so I didn’t add much sugar into these recipe.
The next day after making these cooling tool, its was 38 degrees. I didn’t want to work just felt like lying in front of a fan even better an air condition and eat granite and ice cream. Anyways enough complaining about the weather lets get started.
Sugar 100g (this depends on the sweetness of your melon)
Gelatin mass 30g
- Place watermelon in the blender and blend until smooth, sieve the watermelon into a saucepan
- Add sugar then place on a medium heat to melt, no need to boil. Turn off the heat, then add gelatin stir until melted and place in a square pan and place in freezer
- Once the granite is frozen, use a fork to make shards.
Watermelon Ice cream
Frozen watermelon 1½ cup
Condense milk or dulce de leche ½ cup
- Slice the watermelon into small pieces and freeze overnight
- Place watermelon in a food processor then follow with condense milk and process until smooth, place in container and freeze