I am positive most people know that almond milk is high in nutrition and a great substitute for people with lactose intolerance. I won’t bored you with all the goodness and healthiness of almond milk.
I have tried other homemade versions, but I prefer this roasted version. Just love the smell of roasted almond and the sweetness of honey, the salt is for enhancing the flavor and sweetness. Please let me know if you enjoy this version.
- Raw almonds 1½ cup
- Roasted almond ½ cup
- Clean water 3 cups
- Honey 2 tablespoon (optional)
- Salt small pinch (optional)
- Dry and clean Cheese cloth 40cm x 40cm
- Clean Strainer, run through hot water before use
- Clean Bowl, run through hot water before use
- Clean bottle
- Soak both almonds in separate bowl with clean water covering the almonds for about 12 hours, until the almonds are plump. I normally soak before bed.
- Drain the almonds, place them in a blender with 3 cups of clean water. Blend until the almonds are crusted and foamy.
- Place strainer on bowl, then cover the strainer with the cheese cloth. Place 1 quarter of almond blend in the cheese cloth. Lift each end of the cloth, using both hands to squeeze the almond blend. Try to squeeze as much liquid out. Place the almond meal in a container, then repeat the step until finish. Place almond meal in freezer, ideas for almond meal in earlier post.
- Add salt and honey stir until combine, transfer to bottle store up to 2 days in fridge.