I was strolling through the website for an interesting and easy recipe that I could use as part of my cake decoration. Then I found ‘Lacy Almond Cookies by Everyday Food with Sarah Carey’. I have adjusted the recipe slightly. Personally I quite like this recipe, it’s easy and quick. This can be done ahead of time, just store them in airtight containers and silicone gel.
- Butter unsalted 60g
- Sugar 50g
- Honey 60g
- Salt 1g
- All-purpose flour 30g
- Almond meal 30g
- Orange Zest 1 I used Navels or Valencias orange
- Preheat oven 160c and prepare baking trays with silpat (My oven can only bake 1 tray at a time, I had to bake 4 times)
- Place sugar, honey, almond, salt and butter into a sauce pan, on low to medium heat. Once the mix has melted and boiled for 1 minute, turn off the heat then add zest and flour. Remove from heat.
- Put 1 teaspoon of the mixture onto the tray, leaving 1½ inch apart (the mixture will spread).
- Place in the oven for about 10 minutes (this also depends on your oven), rotate the tray half way. Remove from oven and let cool about 2 minutes, if you would like to make your tuiles into shapes now would be the time.
- Keep them in an airtight container with silicone gel.